Thursday, December 9, 2010

Marcia Baldwin Fine Artist


Q: What is your favorite subject to paint in oil paintings?
A: Horses of course ! I have always owned horses and began riding at 3 or younger. As an adult, I have enjoyed learning everything about them. There is always something to learn, no matter how accomplished you are at riding or caring for them. As for me, being a full time artist, I am always learning new ways to approach the way I can depict them on canvas. I do always come back to the soul of the painting and that is in the eye of the horse. To me, the horse is the most magnificent animal ever created.


Q: Where do you get your inspiration?
A: Many ideas come from collectors and their own photography. I also take time to shoot my own photography and find much joy in being around horse shows and trail rides. I will even stop along a highway or country road to take photos of horse in their pastures or in their barns. I am always looking for new ideas and new horses.
Q: Are you self trained artist or do you have a formal education?
A: I am probably both, for even after obtaining a Masters, I can still learn each day, every day, painting every day. Most of the time, college professors would tell me that I would be a great artist if I ever grew up and stopped painting horses !! That's ok though, as I am now a full time practicing fine artist and they are probably just teaching ! Who is having more fun?
Q: Do you enjoy painting large paintings or small paintings?
A: The larger the canvas ... the better. I love painting life size original oils and the equine painting is my passion.
Q: What is your style?
A: I would say Modern Contemporary, but what is in a title? I paint what I feel. Some would say that my work can be abstract and some would see other paintings that I have done that look very realistic.
It is what I feel in my heart when I paint.




Marcia Parks Baldwin Gallery
represented and Published artist.

Phone: 318-631-2444


www.mbaldwinfineart.com: Check out her website - you can see the incredible images (including the one above) she produces, and or you can buy our re-useable shopping gift or tote bags with her images on them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment